Re: Rename max_parallel_degree? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Rename max_parallel_degree?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Sep 30, 2016 at 12:23 PM, Julien Rouhaud
<julien.rouhaud@dalibo.com> wrote:
> I've already fixed every other issues mentioned upthread, but I'm facing
> a problem for this one.  Assuming that the bgworker classes are supposed
> to be mutually exclusive, I don't see a simple and clean way to add such
> a check in SanityCheckBackgroundWorker().  Am I missing something
> obvious, or can someone give me some advice for this?

My advice is "don't worry about it".   If somebody thinks of something
that can be usefully added there, it will take very little time to add
it and test that it works.  Don't get hung up on that for now.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company