Re: backup manifests - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: backup manifests
Date
Re: backup manifests  (Noah Misch <noah@leadboat.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Mar 26, 2020 at 4:37 PM David Steele <david@pgmasters.net> wrote:
> I know you and Stephen have agreed on a number of doc changes, would it
> be possible to get a new patch with those included? I finally have time
> to do a review of this tomorrow.  I saw some mistakes in the docs in the
> current patch but I know those patches are not current.

Hi David,

Here's a new version with some fixes:

- Fixes for doc typos noted by Stephen Frost and Andres Freund.
- Replace a doc paragraph about the advantages and disadvantages of
CRC-32C with one by Stephen Frost, with a slightly change by me that I
thought made it sound more grammatical.
- Change the pg_validatebackup documentation so that it makes no
mention of compatible tools, per Stephen.
- Reword the discussion of the exclude list in the pg_validatebackup
documentation, per discussion between Stephen and myself.
- Try to make the documentation more clear about the fact that we
check for both extra and missing files.
- Incorporate a fix from Amit Kapila to make 003_corruption.pl pass on Windows.

HTH,

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company