Re: elegant and effective way for running jobs inside a database - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: elegant and effective way for running jobs inside a database
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 5:03 PM, Artur Litwinowicz <admin@ybka.com> wrote:
> Regarding a functional area I can help... but I can not understand why
> this idea is so unappreciated?

I think it's a bit unfair to say that this idea is unappreciated.
There are LOTS of good features that we don't have yet simply because
nobody's had time to implement them.  There are many things I'd really
like to have that I have spent no time at all on as yet, just because
there are other things that I (or my employer) would like to have even
more.  The good news is that this is an open-source project and there
is always room at the table for more people who would like to
contribute (or fund others so that they can contribute).

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company