Re: elegant and effective way for running jobs inside a database - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Artur Litwinowicz
Subject Re: elegant and effective way for running jobs inside a database
Date
Re: elegant and effective way for running jobs inside a database  ("David Johnston" <polobo@yahoo.com>)
Re: elegant and effective way for running jobs inside a database  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
W dniu 2012-03-05 22:44, Alvaro Herrera pisze:

> Excerpts from Artur Litwinowicz's message of lun mar 05 18:32:44 -0300 2012:
>
>> Ouch... "in next 2-4 years" - it broke my heart like a bullet - You
>> should not write it... ;)
>> I feel that I need to set aside SQL, Python, PHP and so on and take to
>> my hands old book about C programming language from university ;)
>> I hope my words are like drops of water for this idea and in the future
>> some people will be happy to use professional job manager :)
>
> Keep in mind that it's not about coding in C but mostly about figuring
> out what a sane design out to look like.

I understand it... (I meant if you wanna something... do it for your
self - it is the fastest way).
Regarding a functional area I can help... but I can not understand why
this idea is so unappreciated?
It will be so powerfull feature - I am working with systems made for
goverment (Orcale) - jobs are the core gears for data flow between many
systems and other goverment bureaus.

Best regards,
Artur

Attachment