Re: elegant and effective way for running jobs inside a database - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jaime Casanova
Subject Re: elegant and effective way for running jobs inside a database
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 5:03 PM, Artur Litwinowicz <admin@ybka.com> wrote:

> I understand it... (I meant if you wanna something... do it for your
> self - it is the fastest way).

other way is to fund the work so someone can use his/her time to do it

> Regarding a functional area I can help... but I can not understand why
> this idea is so unappreciated?

is not unappreciated, is just a problem that already *has* a solution
if it were something that currently you can't do it then there would
be more people after it

> It will be so powerfull feature - I am working with systems made for
> goverment (Orcale) - jobs are the core gears for data flow between many
> systems and other goverment bureaus.

me too, and we solve it with cron

--
Jaime Casanova         www.2ndQuadrant.com
Professional PostgreSQL: Soporte 24x7 y capacitación