Re: elegant and effective way for running jobs inside a database - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Artur Litwinowicz
Subject Re: elegant and effective way for running jobs inside a database
Date
List pgsql-hackers
W dniu 2012-03-05 23:09, Jaime Casanova pisze:
> On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 5:03 PM, Artur Litwinowicz <admin@ybka.com> wrote:
>>
>> I understand it... (I meant if you wanna something... do it for your
>> self - it is the fastest way).
>
> other way is to fund the work so someone can use his/her time to do it
>
>> Regarding a functional area I can help... but I can not understand why
>> this idea is so unappreciated?
>
> is not unappreciated, is just a problem that already *has* a solution
> if it were something that currently you can't do it then there would
> be more people after it
>
>> It will be so powerfull feature - I am working with systems made for
>> goverment (Orcale) - jobs are the core gears for data flow between many
>> systems and other goverment bureaus.
>>

> me too, and we solve it with cron

And You can modulate the jobs frequency, stop them and start from inside
the database automatically using only algorithms and interenal events
without administrator hand work... with cron... I can not belive... I do
not meant just simple: run stored procedure... I am using cron as well,
but in my work I like elegant, complex solutions - many "lego" blocks is
not always the best and simplest solution...

Attachment