Re: elegant and effective way for running jobs inside a database - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: elegant and effective way for running jobs inside a database
Date
Re: elegant and effective way for running jobs inside a database  (Christopher Browne <cbbrowne@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
Excerpts from Artur Litwinowicz's message of lun mar 05 18:32:44 -0300 2012:

> Ouch... "in next 2-4 years" - it broke my heart like a bullet - You
> should not write it... ;)
> I feel that I need to set aside SQL, Python, PHP and so on and take to
> my hands old book about C programming language from university ;)
> I hope my words are like drops of water for this idea and in the future
> some people will be happy to use professional job manager :)

Keep in mind that it's not about coding in C but mostly about figuring
out what a sane design out to look like.