obsolete comments for InitializeMaxBackends - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject obsolete comments for InitializeMaxBackends
Date
List pgsql-hackers
While hacking today, I realized that a couple of comments related to
InitializeMaxBackends are obsolete.  Originally, the number of
background workers was determined just after processing
shared_preload_libraries, but I changed that in commit
6bc8ef0b7f1f1df3998745a66e1790e27424aa0c with the introduction of
max_worker_processes.  The attached patch fixes up the comments so
that they no longer offer up an obsolete rationale for what the code
does.  Assuming nobody minds, I plan to commit this, and, since the
comments are actually wrong and might confuse someone, back-patch this
change as far as 9.4, where the above-mentioned commit first appeared.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Attachment