Re: [HACKERS] POC: Sharing record typmods between backends - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: [HACKERS] POC: Sharing record typmods between backends
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Aug 15, 2017 at 6:06 PM, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> Interesting. I was apparently thinking slightly differently. I'd have
> thought we'd have Session struct in statically allocated shared
> memory. Which'd then have dsa_handle, dshash_table_handle, ... members.

Sounds an awful lot like what we're already doing with PGPROC.

I am not sure that inventing a Session thing that should have 500
things in it but actually has the 3 that are relevant to this patch is
really a step forward.  In fact, it sounds like something that will
just create confusion down the road.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company