Re: generalized conveyor belt storage - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: generalized conveyor belt storage
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Apr 20, 2022 at 8:32 AM Thom Brown <thom@linux.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Apr 2022 at 13:02, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote:
> > What's with the free text in cbstorage.h?  I would guess that this
> > wouldn't even compile, and nobody has noticed because the file is not
> > included by anything yet ...
>
> I'm not able to compile:

Since I haven't been working on this for a while, the patch set's not updated.

> cbfsmpage.c: In function ‘cb_fsmpage_initialize’:
> cbfsmpage.c:34:11: warning: unused variable ‘fsm_block_spacing’
> [-Wunused-variable]
>   unsigned fsm_block_spacing = cb_fsm_block_spacing(pages_per_segment);
>            ^

Hmm, well I guess if that variable is unused we can just delete it.

> cbxlog.c: In function ‘cb_xlog_allocate_payload_segment’:
> cbxlog.c:70:24: error: void value not ignored as it ought to be
>   bool  have_fsm_page = XLogRecGetBlockTag(record, 1, NULL, NULL, NULL);

This is because Tom recently made that function return void instead of
bool. I guess all these will need to be changed to use
XLogRecGetBlockTagExtended and pass an extra NULL for the
*prefetch_buffer argument.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com