Re: Disable WAL logging to speed up data loading - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Disable WAL logging to speed up data loading
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Dec 2, 2020 at 10:53 PM tsunakawa.takay@fujitsu.com
<tsunakawa.takay@fujitsu.com> wrote:
> The code looks good, and the performance seems to be nice, so I marked this ready for committer.

Were the issues that I mentioned regarding GIST (and maybe other AMs)
in the last paragraph of
http://postgr.es/m/CA+TgmoZEZ5RONS49C7mEpjhjndqMQtVrz_LCQUkpRWdmRevDnQ@mail.gmail.com
addressed in some way? That seems like a pretty hard engineering
problem to me, and I don't see that there's been any discussion of it.
Those are correctness concerns separate from any wal_level tracking we
might want to do to avoid accidental mistakes.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com