Re: ecmascript 5 DATESTYLE - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: ecmascript 5 DATESTYLE
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Dec 6, 2011 at 1:11 PM, Ben Hockey <neonstalwart@gmail.com> wrote:
> i know its been over a year without any activity on this thread but did
> anything ever come of this?  i'd really like to be able to get dates to
> match the format specified for date time strings in ecmascript 5.  a generic
> way to specify the format would be ideal if it can be done securely.  has
> there been other threads discussing this more recently?

Not to my knowledge, though I don't read pgsql-general.  I think this
is the sort of thing that really only gets done if someone cares
enough about it to settle down and put together a detailed design
proposal, get consensus, and write a patch.  IOW, it's unlikely that
anyone else will do this for you, but you can certainly make a try at
doing it yourself, and get help from others along the way.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company