Re: [HACKERS] Proposal: Local indexes for partitioned table - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Proposal: Local indexes for partitioned table
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Nov 14, 2017 at 1:43 PM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> I don't see any comments from you or Tom about patch 0001, which was
> simple refactoring and not much to complain about.

We both commented that getting rid of copy_partition_data could
introduce memory leaks.

> Perhaps there is some confusion about the numbering?

I don't think so.

> I see that Alvaro had taken your comments on memory contexts into
> account in his later patch.

Which later patch?  It seems like any changes meant to mitigate the
problems with removing copy_partition_data ought to be folded into the
patch that removes copy_partition_data, rather than being in some
other patch later in the series.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company