Re: MySQL search query is not executing in Postgres DB - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: MySQL search query is not executing in Postgres DB
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 2:59 PM, Jeff Davis <pgsql@j-davis.com> wrote:
> What user action are you concerned about? If we (eventually) made the
> non-overloaded case the default, would that resolve your concerns?

I can't quite see how a non-overloaded flag would work, unless we get
rid of schemas.  But I think there are a variety of other kinds of
labeling that I think would work.  I'm still not sure that's as good
as a general solution, because if nothing else it relies on us to make
the right decision as to which type to use in each case, and
considering that neither Tom nor I are particularly sold on what we
did with CONCAT(), nor am I sure that we even agree with each other on
what the right thing to do would have been there, I'm a bit skeptical
about our ability to get these decisions right.  But it might still be
an improvement.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company