Re: Vacuum ERRORs out considering freezing dead tuples from before OldestXmin - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Vacuum ERRORs out considering freezing dead tuples from before OldestXmin
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jun 25, 2024 at 1:10 PM Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> That said, obviously there will be plenty setups where this won't cause an
> issue. I don't really have a handle on how often it'd be a problem.

Fair enough. Even if it's not super-common, it doesn't seem like a
great idea to regress such scenarios in the back-branches.

Is there any way that we could instead tweak things so that we adjust
the visibility test object itself? Like can have a GlobalVisTest API
where we can supply the OldestXmin from the VacuumCutoffs and have it
... do something useful with that?

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com