Re: [patch] PSQLDIR not passed to pg_regress in contrib/pg_upgrade/test.sh - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: [patch] PSQLDIR not passed to pg_regress in contrib/pg_upgrade/test.sh
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 2:40 AM, Christoph Berg <cb@df7cb.de> wrote:
> "make check-world" in 9.3beta1 fails if you don't actually have 9.3
> installed. In contrib/pg_upgrade/test.sh, it will try pg_regress
> --psqldir=/usr/lib/postgresql/9.3/bin which doesn't exist.

I tried to reproduce this and couldn't.  The following already-exstant
chunk of code seems to be trying to cover the same issue:
   # We need to make it use psql from our temporary installation,   # because otherwise the installcheck run below
wouldtry to   # use psql from the proper installation directory, which might   # be outdated or missing. But don't
overrideanything else that's   # already in EXTRA_REGRESS_OPTS.   EXTRA_REGRESS_OPTS="$EXTRA_REGRESS_OPTS
--psqldir=$bindir"  export EXTRA_REGRESS_OPTS

If I comment out those last two lines, then I can reproduce the problem exactly.

I wonder why it's working differently for you.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company