Re: Bug in VACUUM reporting of "removed %d row versions" in 9.2+ - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Bug in VACUUM reporting of "removed %d row versions" in 9.2+
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Robert Haas escribió:

> I think this patch as currently written is going to leave us with the
> following dubious-looking construct.
>
>         if (!ConditionalLockBufferForCleanup(buf))
>         {
>             if (!ConditionalLockBufferForCleanup(buf))
>             {
>
> Modulo that minor gripe, I think it's definitely worth doing this in
> master.  I'm a bit disinclined to change the message string in 9.2,
> and therefore might not back-patch at all, since there's basically no
> consequence to this except for mildly inaccurate reporting.  But if
> people feel it's worth a translation break for this, I don't object to
> back-patching it either.

We break translations to fix bugs from time to time.  Translators do
update for minor releases, so if this is the only consideration, I don't
think we should hold this bugfix for it (or any other, IMV).