Re: PATCH: pgbench - option to build using ppoll() for largerconnection counts - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: PATCH: pgbench - option to build using ppoll() for largerconnection counts
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Nov 29, 2017 at 3:40 AM, Fabien COELHO <coelho@cri.ensmp.fr> wrote:
> ever is best. Not sure that "pfds" is the right name. If the two variables
> means the same thing, they should have the same name, although possibly
> different types.

Although I agree with a good bit of what you say here, I don't agree
with that.  If the member used by ppoll() (or just poll()) has a
different name than the one used for select(), it's much easier to,
say, grep for everyplace where the field you care about is used.  If
you use the same name for different things, that doesn't work.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company