Re: default_transaction_isolation = serializable causes crash under Hot Standby - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: default_transaction_isolation = serializable causes crash under Hot Standby
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 11:02 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Or, maybe there's a way to throw an error when serializable mode is
>> used rather than when it's requested.
>
> Couldn't we check and throw an error at the place in transaction startup
> where default_transaction_isolation is copied to the active variable?

Yeah, possibly.  Although the user might still use SET TRANSACTION
ISOLATION, so it would ideally be nice to postpone throwing the error
until after that opportunity is past.  Not sure if that's feasible,
though.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company