Re: default_transaction_isolation = serializable causes crash under Hot Standby - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: default_transaction_isolation = serializable causes crash under Hot Standby
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Or, maybe there's a way to throw an error when serializable mode
>> is used rather than when it's requested.
>
> Couldn't we check and throw an error at the place in transaction
> startup where default_transaction_isolation is copied to the
> active variable?
Wouldn't that leave users stuck if the postgresql.conf set the
default to serializable?  Nobody would be able to start a
transaction, even to change the default, would they?  If that's the
case, we might as well refuse to start.
Robert's suggestion might be the least of the various evils.
-Kevin