Re: [parallel query] random server crash while running tpc-h query on power2 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: [parallel query] random server crash while running tpc-h query on power2
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Aug 16, 2016 at 1:05 AM, Rushabh Lathia
<rushabh.lathia@gmail.com> wrote:
> I agree, this make sense.
>
> Here is the patch to allocate worker instrumentation into same context
> as the regular instrumentation which is per-query context.

Looks good, committed.  I am not sure it was a very good idea for
af33039317ddc4a0e38a02e2255c2bf453115fd2 by Tom Lane to change the
current memory context for the entire execution of gather_readnext();
this might not be the only or the last bug that results from that
decision.  However, I don't really want to get an argument about that
right now, and this at least fixes the problem we know about.  Thanks
for the report and patch.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company