Re: [Proposal] Fully WAL logged CREATE DATABASE - No Checkpoints - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: [Proposal] Fully WAL logged CREATE DATABASE - No Checkpoints
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Feb 8, 2022 at 11:47 PM Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut@gmail.com> wrote:
> Now, one bigger question is can we proceed with this patch without
> fixing [2], IMHO, if we are deciding to keep the old method also
> intact then one option could be that for now only change CREATE
> DATABASE to support both old and new way of creating database and for
> time being leave the ALTER DATABASE SET TABLESPACE alone and let it
> work only with the old method?  And another option is that we first
> fix the issue related to the tombstone file and then come back to
> this?
>
> IMHO, the first option could be better in a way that we have already
> made better progress in this patch and this is in better shape than
> the other patch we are trying to make for removing the tombstone
> files.

Yeah, it's getting quite close to the end of this release cycle. I'm
not sure whether we can get anything committed here at all in the time
we have remaining, but I agree with you that this patch seems like a
better prospect than that one.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com