Re: missing PG_RETURN_UINT16 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: missing PG_RETURN_UINT16
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Aug 6, 2014 at 2:36 AM, Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 6, 2014 at 4:47 AM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, Aug 4, 2014 at 11:35 AM, Manuel Kniep <m.kniep@web.de> wrote:
>>> I’m missing the PG_RETURN_UINT16 macro in fmgr.h
>>> Since we already have the PG_GETARG_UINT16 macro
>>> I guess it makes sense to to have it.
>>>
>>> here is the trivial patch for it.
>>
>> I see no reason not to add this.  Anyone else want to object?
>
> +1 to add that.
>
> What about backpatch to 9.4? This is very simple change and there seems to
> be no reason to wait for it until 9.5.

Well, that's true.  But on the other hand, if someone is wanting to
write code that will compile with multiple PostgreSQL versions,
they're probably going to add an #ifdef for this anyway, so I don't
see much of a reason to think that will help very many people in
practice.

I've committed this, but just to master.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company