Re: Multiline-statement and multi-statement for pgbench custom script. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Multiline-statement and multi-statement for pgbench custom script.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Aug 28, 2015 at 4:33 AM, Kyotaro HORIGUCHI
<horiguchi.kyotaro@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
> Hi, this is a spin-off patch from Fabien COELHO's
> backslash-continuations.
>
> The major concept of this patch is making usage of psql's scanner
> to get rid of home-grown scanner of pgbench to make
> multi-statement feature available for pgbench custom scripts.
>
> This patch does the following things.
>
> - Modify psqlscan.l so that unnecessary functions of it can be
>   masked when used in other modules like pgbench.
>
> - Modify pgbench to use psqlscan.l so that the following features
>   available in pgbench.
>
>   - multi-statement in custom scripts.
>   - natural continuation of SQL statements in costom scripts.
>   - backslash-continuation for pgbench metacommands in costom scripts.
>
> The patch consists of following files.
>
> - 0001-Prepare-to-share-psqlscan-with-pgbench.patch
>   Modifies psqlscan.l in psql as the preparation.
>
> - 0002-Make-use-of-psqlscan-for-parsing-of-custom-script.patch
>   Modifies pgbench to use psqlscan.l.
>
> - 0003-Change-MSVC-Build-script.patch
>   Modify MSVC build script.
>
> - 0004-Change-the-way-to-hold-command-list.patch
>   Get rid of double-format of internal command list.
>   This changes the way of holding command list to linked list
>   totally.

Has anyone reviewed this patch?  Does it need to be reviewed?

This CommitFest entry looks related:

http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/alpine.DEB.2.10.1505141510130.1821@sto#alpine.DEB.2.10.1505141510130.1821@sto

But I'm not sure how it relates to this thread.

(And let me say parenthetically that the web site's insistence on
adding #THE-SAME-MESSAGE-ID-THAT-IS-ALREADY-IN-THE-URL to everything
is pretty annoying ... it makes the links really long for no good
reason.)

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company