Re: Using LibPq in TAP tests via FFI - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Using LibPq in TAP tests via FFI
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jun 14, 2024 at 11:11 AM Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:
> And here's the patch

I haven't reviewed the patch, but a big +1 for the idea. Not only this
might cut down on the resource costs of running the tests in CI, as
Andres has pointed out a few times, but it also could lead to much
nicer user interfaces. For instance, right now, we have a number of
TAP tests that are parsing psql output to recover the values returned
by queries. Perhaps eventually - or maybe already, again I haven't
looked at the code - you'll be able to do something like
$resultset->[0][0] to pull the first column out of the first row. That
kind of thing could substantially improve the readability and
maintainability of some of our tests.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com