Re: plpgsql - DECLARE - cannot to use %TYPE or %ROWTYPE for composite types - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: plpgsql - DECLARE - cannot to use %TYPE or %ROWTYPE for composite types
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jan 19, 2016 at 4:53 AM, Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> wrote:
> It is, but sometime the polymorphic types can help.
>
> The proposed feature/syntax has sense primary for polymorphic types. It
> should to follow our polymorphic types. The primary pair is
> "anyarray","anyelement"  -> "arraytype","elemementtype".
>
> If you don't use polymorphic parameters in plpgsql, then proposed feature
> can look like useless.

I don't think it's useless, but I do think the syntax is ugly.  Maybe
it's the best we can do and we should just live with it, but Alvaro
asked for opinions, so there's mine.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company