Re: [GENERAL] currval and DISCARD ALL - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: [GENERAL] currval and DISCARD ALL
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 10:05 AM, Fabrízio de Royes Mello
<fabriziomello@gmail.com> wrote:
> The attached wip patch do that and introduce a subcommand 'SEQUENCES', but
> if we decide to don't add a new subcommand to DISCARD, then its easier to
> modify the patch.

This patch is quite wrong.  It frees seqtab without clearing the
pointer, so the next reference will stomp on memory that may have been
reallocated.  And it doesn't even free seqtab correctly, since it only
frees the first node in the linked list.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company