Re: standby recovery fails (tablespace related) (tentative patch and discussion) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: standby recovery fails (tablespace related) (tentative patch and discussion)
Date
Re: standby recovery fails (tablespace related) (tentative patch and discussion)  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Aug 5, 2021 at 6:20 AM Paul Guo <guopa@vmware.com> wrote:
> Rebased.

The commit message for 0001 is not clear enough for me to understand
what problem it's supposed to be fixing. The code comments aren't
really either. They make it sound like there's some problem with
copying symlinks but mostly they just talk about callbacks, which
doesn't really help me understand what problem we'd have if we just
didn't commit this (or reverted it later).

I am not really convinced by Álvaro's claim that 0004 is a "fix"; I
think I'd call it an improvement. But either way I agree that could
just be committed.

I haven't analyzed 0002 and 0003 yet.

--
Robert Haas