Re: ECPG bug fix: DECALRE STATEMENT and DEALLOCATE, DESCRIBE - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: ECPG bug fix: DECALRE STATEMENT and DEALLOCATE, DESCRIBE
Date
Re: ECPG bug fix: DECALRE STATEMENT and DEALLOCATE, DESCRIBE  (Michael Meskes <meskes@postgresql.org>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 8/10/21 2:16 PM, Michael Meskes wrote:
>> Agreed.  How is this, which already exists?
>>
>>         https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Release_Management_Team
> That I know, but I don't think it covers the issues we, or I, had up-
> thread. Or do I miss something?

No, you're right, although I think it's implied. Maybe we need a
statement along these lines:

Committers are responsible for the resolution of open items that relate
to commits they have made. Action needs to be taken in a timely fashion,
and if there is any substantial delay in dealing with an item the
committer should provide a date by which they expect action to be
completed. The RMT will follow up where these requirements are not being
complied with.

> Speaking of RMT, Andrew, Michael, Peter, will you make the final
> decision whether we commit Kuroda-san's patches?
>
> They are fine by me. Another pair of eyes would be nice, though. maybe
> you could have another look, Horiguchi-san?

If they are fine by you then I accept that. After all, the reason we
want you to deal with this is not only that you made the original commit
but because you're the expert in this area.

cheers

andrew

--
Andrew Dunstan