Re: Export data from a query ran by pgagent - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Export data from a query ran by pgagent
Date
List pgadmin-support

On Thu, Nov 26, 2020 at 3:46 PM Gonzalo Rubio Casas <gonzalo.rubio.casas@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Dave,

Thanks for your quick response,

I'm afraid dumping the query results into another table is not possible as the queried database is a read-only copy of our main database.

I assume there's no way to schedule remote shell script executions with pgAgent right? I didn't find anything on the documentation about that specific point.

No, shell scripts can only be executed on the machine pgAgent runs on. Only SQL steps support remote execution (because they can be done using the PostgreSQL wire protocol).

Best,

Gonzalo Rubio-Casas