Re: Managing 'Operators' in pgAdmin4 - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Managing 'Operators' in pgAdmin4
Date
List pgadmin-support
Hi

On Wed, Jul 31, 2019 at 4:02 PM Milan Oparnica <milan.opa@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello,

I like the fresh and modern approach that pgAdmin4 offers, updating instantly when new versions pop-up praying to find few options I still miss from pgAdmin3.

Working with 'Operators' objects

Is there any chance you could reconsider the decision not to support Operators objects in pgAdmin4 ?
I'm sure we're not the only one to use them - as they proved to be a great tool when migrating software from other database platforms.

I think you're the only one to have asked for them. Unfortunately it's non-trivial code, and I'm pretty sure it was actually broken in pgAdmin 3.

They provide easiest way of handling certain date and string crucial operations that differ from pg implementation.

Sure, but does having the UI in pgAdmin really buy you much? I assume you're creating them extremely infrequently.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company