UBI based container patch - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject UBI based container patch
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
* Do not commit this! *

The dev team have discussed moving the pgAdmin container to be based on Redhat's UBI instead of Alpine Linux. I got some time today to work on that, and a patch is attached for interest/archives.

Whilst the build process is arguably cleaner with this patch, plus it would be easier to maintain the versions of the PostgreSQL tools that are included, unfortunately using UBI takes the size of the container from ~278MB to ~462MB.

So... unless someone finds a huge error in the patch that causes this bloat, I think we have no choice but to stick with Alpine Linux.

Any thoughts/comments?

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com