Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch]: To handle long numbers for Rows (estimated)field in Table's properties - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch]: To handle long numbers for Rows (estimated)field in Table's properties
Date
Responses Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch]: To handle long numbers for Rows (estimated)field in Table's properties  (Murtuza Zabuawala <murtuza.zabuawala@enterprisedb.com>)
List pgadmin-hackers
Hi

On Wed, Nov 1, 2017 at 11:58 AM, Murtuza Zabuawala <murtuza.zabuawala@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
Hi,

PFA patch to fix the issue where "Rows (estimated)" field was not displaying long number properly.
RM#2386

I have also added the code to count actual rows in a table [ "Rows (counted)" filed ] which was missing.

Oops. Well the idea is good, but unfortunately we want to be careful about when we count the rows, as we could have just clicked on a 10B row table which would take a while. To avoid that, pgAdmin III would only count the rows in the table if the estimated number of rows was below a specific value (see File -> Preferences -> Browser -> Properties -> "Count rows if estimated less than").

I think we need to do the same here - add a preferences option, and only count if estimated is greater than the specified value (the default for which was 2000 in pgAdmin III I believe).

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company