Re: [pgadmin4][patch] Use pytest test runner for unit tests - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: [pgadmin4][patch] Use pytest test runner for unit tests
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Hi

On Mon, Jun 4, 2018 at 3:26 PM, Joao De Almeida Pereira <jdealmeidapereira@pivotal.io> wrote:

Known issues:

  • Python 2.7, the library we are using for assertions (Grappa) is failing while trying to assert on strings. We created a PR to the library: https://github.com/grappa-py/grappa/pull/43 as soon as this gets in all the tests should pass
Any guesses as to the ETA? Given that most of our dev, and our Windows and Mac packages both run on 2.7 at the moment, it's clear that this is a  required fix before we can proceed.

Attached you can find the patch that bumps grappa to version 0.1.9 that support Python 2.7

I thought I had replied to this, but apparently not. My apologies...

This does seem to fix the issues with Python 2.7. The remaining issues I saw are:

- There are a handful of failures with PG 11, however that's not yet supported and Khushboo is working on it. It shouldn't hold up this patch - just mentioning for completeness.

- I get the following failure (which is easily fixed in the config file, though that of course, shouldn't be necessary):

E   AssertionError: Oops! Something went wrong!

E     The following assertion was not satisfied

E       subject "/Library/PostgreSQL/ ..." should be equal to "/Library/PostgreSQL/ ..."

E     What we expected

E       a value that is equal to "/Library/PostgreSQL/ ..."

E     What we got instead

E       an value of type "str" with data "/Library/PostgreSQL/ ..."

E     Difference comparison

E       > - /Library/PostgreSQL/tablespaces/9.4

E       > + /Library/PostgreSQL/tablespaces/9.4/

E     Where

E       File "/Users/dpage/git/pgadmin4/web/pgadmin/browser/server_groups/servers/tablespaces/tests/test_tbspc_get.py", line 75, in test_tablespace_get

Thanks.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com