Re: zlib detection in Meson on Windows broken? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: zlib detection in Meson on Windows broken?
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Tue, 21 May 2024 at 16:04, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
Hi,

On 2024-05-20 11:58:05 +0100, Dave Page wrote:
> I have very little experience with Meson, and even less interpreting it's
> logs, but it seems to me that it's not including the extra lib and include
> directories when it runs the test compile, given the command line it's
> reporting:
>
> cl C:\Users\dpage\git\postgresql\build\meson-private\tmpg_h4xcue\testfile.c
> /nologo /showIncludes /utf-8 /EP /nologo /showIncludes /utf-8 /EP /Od /Oi-
>
> Bug, or am I doing something silly?

It's a buglet. We rely on meson's internal fallback detection of zlib, if it's
not provided via pkg-config or cmake. But it doesn't know about our
extra_include_dirs parameter. We should probably fix that...

Oh good, then I'm not going bonkers. I'm still curious about how it works for Andrew but not me, however fixing that buglet should solve my issue, and would be sensible behaviour.

Thanks!