Re: SOLVED: BUG #7851: Installer crash with message: An error occured executing the Microsoft VC++ runtimeinstaller - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Dave Page
Subject Re: SOLVED: BUG #7851: Installer crash with message: An error occured executing the Microsoft VC++ runtimeinstaller
Date
In response to SOLVED: BUG #7851: Installer crash with message: An error occured executing the Microsoft VC++ runtimeinstaller  (Ivano Luberti <luberti@archicoop.it>)
Responses Re: SOLVED: BUG #7851: Installer crash with message: An error occured executing the Microsoft VC++ runtimeinstaller  (Ivano Luberti <luberti@archicoop.it>)
List pgsql-bugs
On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 8:36 PM, Ivano Luberti <luberti@archicoop.it> wrote:
> With a little bit of more drama.
>
> The good news is that the 9.2 installer has been able to successfully
> complete installation.
> The bad news is that 8.4.15 installer keep failing and with the same message
> error.
> I searched the registry again with regedit and found another occurence of
> the same registry key under
>
> HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Wow6432node\CLSID\{B54F3741-5B07-11cf-A4B0-00AA004A55E8}\InprocServer32
>
> still linked to McAfee.
> I had to change ownership also in this case to modify its value
> But now 8.4.15 can run like an horse at Kentucky Derby!!!!
>
> I believe that the last issue was due to the fact that 9.2 installer is a
> 64bit software while 8.4.15 is a 32bit application.

Excellent news! So the moral of the story is: Avoid using any computer
that has had McAfee software anywhere near it.

> Dave, thanks again for your help.

You're welcome.

--
Dave Page