Re: Feature #6395 - Basic Log Rotation - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Feature #6395 - Basic Log Rotation
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Hi

On Mon, Apr 19, 2021 at 5:17 PM Thomas Greenwood <tom@coginternet.net> wrote:

Hi,

I've opened feature issue #6395 to enable log rotation in pgAdmin4 v5.

Please find the attached basic patch as a starter for 10. It's the same patch attached to the feature issue.

Nice! My only suggestions would be that the config options be added to config.py, with default values of zero for log size, and say, 5 for the number of backups (should that be 'archives'?), and that we test to see if the log size is > 0 before enabling rotation. The reason for that is that we keep all config options in config.py to ensure it's self-documenting.