Re: Problem building on MacOS - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Problem building on MacOS
Date
List pgadmin-support
On Tue, Sep 23, 2014 at 3:57 PM, Charlie Clark
<charlie.clark@clark-consulting.eu> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I thought I'd give the beta a spin but I'm having trouble building it.
>
> I get the following error:
>
>   "_xmlTextWriterWriteString", referenced from:
>       frmQuery::SaveQueries() in frmQuery.o
>       queryFavouriteFolder::saveFolder(_xmlTextWriter*) in favourites.o
>       queryMacroList::saveList(_xmlTextWriter*) in macros.o
> ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture i386
> clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see
> invocation)
>
> I've set /configure  --with-wx-version=3.0 and tried --with-arch-x86_64 but
> no success. How can I correct this?

You need to use a 32 bit build of libxml2 (and possibly some of the
other libraries used). We typically use private builds for some such
libraries, and install them into /usr/local.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company