Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch]: RM#1432 - File Browser - File does not exist error - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch]: RM#1432 - File Browser - File does not exist error
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
On Tue, Jul 12, 2016 at 7:10 AM, Surinder Kumar
<surinder.kumar@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 11, 2016 at 6:41 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Jul 7, 2016 at 1:50 PM, Surinder Kumar
>> <surinder.kumar@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

>> > In the current scenario, the Enter Key is bound to the OK button by
>> > default
>> > in Alertify dialog which servers the purpose of closing the dialog.
>> > Should we de-attach Enter Key event bound to OK button and use it for
>> > rename
>> > file?
>> > please suggest what should I do?
>>
>> Hmm, good point.
>>
>> How hard would it be to look for 2 consecutive single-clicks (but not
>> a double-click) for rename? If we can do that, it avoids timing
>> considerations for double-clicks (which would be defined by the OS).
>

> I tried to implement slow double click, here is Fiddle
> There are two events 1) double click (it will be used for folder navigation)
> 2) Slow double click(For rename), It is a simple click event, when clicked
> twice after delay we consider it a slow double click.
>
> But it is not working smoothly, double click and single click events are
> conflicting.

Yeah, so I see.

> Also, we have rename button in navigation for rename operation,
> Can we skip slow double click because it is very confusing?

OK, I must have been having a brain failure moment or something. Yes,
skip it - we obviously don't need it with the rename button.

So we have:

- Click to select
- Double click to open a folder
- Button to rename the select file/folder

Sorry!

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com