Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch]: RM#1432 - File Browser - File does not exist error - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Surinder Kumar
Subject Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch]: RM#1432 - File Browser - File does not exist error
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Please find updated patch with following changes/enhancements:
  1. Double click on file/folder icon or name will navigate to the folder/file.
  2. Selected file/folder can be renamed by Rename button only. Double click rename is removed.
  3. Filename text box will not hide on smaller screen. Setting minimum width of File Browser fixed it.
  4. Path at top will only show directory name, not the file name and it is greyed out.
Issue not fixed:
Icons and fonts of Query tool and File Browser looks blurred in Runtime environment.
I tried debugging it. while debugging, It gets fixed on my ubuntu runtime. but I don't know how it gets fixed without changing css styles. It needs more time to debug.

Please review.

On Wed, Jul 13, 2016 at 5:15 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
On Tue, Jul 12, 2016 at 7:10 AM, Surinder Kumar
<surinder.kumar@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 11, 2016 at 6:41 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Jul 7, 2016 at 1:50 PM, Surinder Kumar
>> <surinder.kumar@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

>> > In the current scenario, the Enter Key is bound to the OK button by
>> > default
>> > in Alertify dialog which servers the purpose of closing the dialog.
>> > Should we de-attach Enter Key event bound to OK button and use it for
>> > rename
>> > file?
>> > please suggest what should I do?
>>
>> Hmm, good point.
>>
>> How hard would it be to look for 2 consecutive single-clicks (but not
>> a double-click) for rename? If we can do that, it avoids timing
>> considerations for double-clicks (which would be defined by the OS).
>

> I tried to implement slow double click, here is Fiddle
> There are two events 1) double click (it will be used for folder navigation)
> 2) Slow double click(For rename), It is a simple click event, when clicked
> twice after delay we consider it a slow double click.
>
> But it is not working smoothly, double click and single click events are
> conflicting.

Yeah, so I see.

> Also, we have rename button in navigation for rename operation,
> Can we skip slow double click because it is very confusing?

OK, I must have been having a brain failure moment or something. Yes,
skip it - we obviously don't need it with the rename button.

So we have:

- Click to select
- Double click to open a folder
- Button to rename the select file/folder

Sorry!

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com