Re: Implement geospatial data viewer in pgAdmin4 for PostGIS - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Implement geospatial data viewer in pgAdmin4 for PostGIS
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Hi

On Wed, May 23, 2018 at 1:23 PM, Xuri Gong <xurigoong@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Dave/Team,

My name is Xuri Gong. I am working on implementing geospatial data viewer in pgAdmin4.

I wrote a design document for the viewer[1] according to the related issue[2] and I am wondering if it is a proper design. It would be great if there are any suggestions.

I have read the #pgAdmin Project Contributions# doc[3]. Is there any other instruction or standard that is needed to learn?

I think before thinking about rendering an entire dataset, we should add a visualiser to the data grid so at least the user can see individual shapes etc. This would be similar to what we've considered doing if we detect an image in a bytea column for example - render a "View" button or link in the cell, that when clicked, opens the image in a popup panel.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company