Re: pgAdmin4 1.0-beta3 - no error message if SQL query is incorrect - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Dave Page
Subject Re: pgAdmin4 1.0-beta3 - no error message if SQL query is incorrect
Date
List pgadmin-support
Hi

On Wed, Jul 27, 2016 at 9:37 PM, Krzysztof O <krzotr@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When I put something like "SELECT function_does_not_exist();" into
> Query Tool, I do not see any errors in Message tab.
>
> The same situation if i make typo "SELET * FROM my_table" - Message
> tab is still empty.
>
> Tested on: Pgadmin4 1.0-beta3, Windows 7 x64, Server: PostgreSQL 9.5.3
> on x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by gcc (GCC) 4.8.5 20150623 (Red Hat
> 4.8.5-4), 64-bit
>

> In pgAdmin4 1.22.1 everything is ok:
>
>     ERROR:  function function_does_not_exist() does not exist
>     LINE 1: SELECT function_does_not_exist();
>                    ^
>     HINT:  No function matches the given name and argument types. You
> might need to add explicit type casts.

I just tried this in git HEAD (a few minor commits further on from
beta 3), and I see:

======
ERROR: function function_does_not_exist() does not exist
LINE 1: SELECT function_does_not_exist();
^
HINT: No function matches the given name and argument types. You might
need to add explicit type casts.

********** Error **********
ERROR: function function_does_not_exist() does not exist
SQL state: 42883
Hint: No function matches the given name and argument types. You might
need to add explicit type casts.
Character: 8
======

(the marker is shown in the right place - that's a copy/paste thing).

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company