Re: ExecRTCheckPerms() and many prunable partitions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Langote
Subject Re: ExecRTCheckPerms() and many prunable partitions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Oct 7, 2022 at 10:04 AM Amit Langote <amitlangote09@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 6, 2022 at 10:29 PM Amit Langote <amitlangote09@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Actually, List of Bitmapsets turned out to be something that doesn't
> > just-work with our Node infrastructure, which I found out thanks to
> > -DWRITE_READ_PARSE_PLAN_TREES.  So, I had to go ahead and add
> > first-class support for copy/equal/write/read support for Bitmapsets,
> > such that writeNode() can write appropriately labeled versions of them
> > and nodeRead() can read them as Bitmapsets.  That's done in 0003.  I
> > didn't actually go ahead and make *all* Bitmapsets in the plan trees
> > to be Nodes, but maybe 0003 can be expanded to do that.  We won't need
> > to make gen_node_support.pl emit *_BITMAPSET_FIELD() blurbs then; can
> > just use *_NODE_FIELD().
>
> All meson builds on the cfbot machines seem to have failed, maybe
> because I didn't update src/include/nodes/meson.build to add
> 'nodes/bitmapset.h' to the `node_support_input_i` collection.  Here's
> an updated version assuming that's the problem.  (Will set up meson
> builds on my machine to avoid this in the future.)

And... noticed that a postgres_fdw test failed, because
_readBitmapset() not having been changed to set NodeTag would
"corrupt" any Bitmapsets that were created with it set.

--
Thanks, Amit Langote
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com

Attachment