Re: progress report for ANALYZE - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Langote
Subject Re: progress report for ANALYZE
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jan 17, 2020 at 12:19 AM Justin Pryzby <pryzby@telsasoft.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 15, 2020 at 02:11:10PM -0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> > I just pushed this after some small extra tweaks.
> >
> > Thanks, Yamada-san, for seeing this to completion!
>
> Find attached minor fixes to docs - sorry I didn't look earlier.
>
> Possibly you'd also want to change the other existing instances of "preparing
> to begin".

Spotted a few other issues with the docs:

+       Number of computed extended statistics computed.

Should be: "Number of extended statistics computed."

+     <entry>OID of the child table currently being scanned. This
field is only valid when
+       the phase is <literal>computing extended statistics</literal>.

Should be: "This field is only valid when the phase is
<literal>acquiring inherited sample rows</literal>."

+       durring the table scan.

during

Attached a patch.

Thanks,