Re: ExecRTCheckPerms() and many prunable partitions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Langote
Subject Re: ExecRTCheckPerms() and many prunable partitions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Dec 7, 2022 at 12:19 AM Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote:
> I have pushed this finally.

Thanks a lot.

> I made two further changes:
>
> 1. there was no reason to rename ExecCheckPerms_hook, since its
>    signature was changing anyway.  I reverted it to the original name.

Sure, that makes sense.

> 2. I couldn't find any reason to expose ExecGetRTEPermissionInfo, and
>    given that it's a one-line function, I removed it.
>
> Maybe you had a reason to add ExecGetRTEPermissionInfo, thinking about
> external callers; if so please discuss it.

My thinking was that it might be better to have a macro/function that
takes EState, not es_rteperminfos, from the callers.  Kind of like how
there is exec_rt_fetch().  Though, that is only a cosmetic
consideration, so I don't want to insist.

> I'll mark this commitfest entry as committed soon; please post the other
> two patches you had in this series in a new thread.

Will do, thanks.

--
Thanks, Amit Langote
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com