Re: pgsql: Refactor attribute mappings used in logical tuple conversion - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Amit Langote
Subject Re: pgsql: Refactor attribute mappings used in logical tuple conversion
Date
List pgsql-committers
On Wed, Dec 18, 2019 at 11:37 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> TBH, though, I wonder if this doesn't indicate you've put this
> function in the wrong header to begin with.  Why does it belong
> in rewriteManip?

Assuming you are talking about map_variable_attnos(), it's always been
in rewriteManip.c / rewriteManip.h since it was added by 541ffa65c32.

While reviewing this patch, I had the idea of moving it to the new
header attmap.h, but thought it might be a good idea to keep attmap.c
limited to just building the maps and not move into it other functions
that do something useful with those maps, like translating expression
trees, converting tuples, etc.

Thanks,
Amit