Re: pgsql: Refactor attribute mappings used in logical tupleconversion - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: pgsql: Refactor attribute mappings used in logical tupleconversion
Date
List pgsql-committers
On Thu, Dec 19, 2019 at 10:23:32AM +0900, Amit Langote wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 18, 2019 at 11:37 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> TBH, though, I wonder if this doesn't indicate you've put this
>> function in the wrong header to begin with.  Why does it belong
>> in rewriteManip?

Thanks for the fix!  I was going to address that this morning to
notice that you already committed a fix.

> Assuming you are talking about map_variable_attnos(), it's always been
> in rewriteManip.c / rewriteManip.h since it was added by 541ffa65c32.
>
> While reviewing this patch, I had the idea of moving it to the new
> header attmap.h, but thought it might be a good idea to keep attmap.c
> limited to just building the maps and not move into it other functions
> that do something useful with those maps, like translating expression
> trees, converting tuples, etc.

I'd rather keep attmap.c focused on its basic work which is to make
and build the attribute maps.  For map_variable_attnos() & co, I am
wondering if we should not split things even further.  This code is
located now in the rewriter, but we make use of it in the executor for
partitioning.
--
Michael

Attachment