Re: JIT crash introduced by 6185c9737c with LLVM 14 - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Amit Langote
Subject Re: JIT crash introduced by 6185c9737c with LLVM 14
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Hi,

On Mon, Jun 17, 2024 at 6:32 PM Amit Langote <amitlangote09@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Jeff,
>
> On Fri, Jun 14, 2024 at 2:57 PM Amit Langote <amitlangote09@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Fri, Jun 14, 2024 at 1:25 PM Jeff Davis <jeff@j-davis.com> wrot>
> > > The following query causes a crash on an optimized build using LLVM 14:
> > >
> > >    create table t(i int);
> > >    set jit_above_cost=0;
> > >    select count(*) from t;
> > >
> > > I bisected the crash to 6185c9737c.
> >
> > Thanks for the report.  Will look into it.
>
> Would you please share more details about the crash (llvm build
> attributes, etc.) as I'm unable to reproduce this crash with
> libLLVM-14.so that I built from sources that I got at [1].  No luck
> even after building with -DLLVM_ENABLE_ASSERTIONS=ON.  I'm building PG
> HEAD with --buildtype=release.

Also, could you please check if the crash still occurs after applying
the attached patch which removes the changes that 6185c9737c made to
files under src/backend/jit?

(My colleague David Rowley offered to test it on a raspberrypi and on
a x86_64 machine with libLLVM-14.so, but sees no crash using those
steps.)

--
Thanks, Amit Langote

Attachment