Re: JIT crash introduced by 6185c9737c with LLVM 14 - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Jeff Davis
Subject Re: JIT crash introduced by 6185c9737c with LLVM 14
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Tue, 2024-06-18 at 15:11 +0900, Amit Langote wrote:
> Also, could you please check if the crash still occurs after applying
> the attached patch which removes the changes that 6185c9737c made to
> files under src/backend/jit?
>
> (My colleague David Rowley offered to test it on a raspberrypi and on
> a x86_64 machine with libLLVM-14.so, but sees no crash using those
> steps.)

My testcase was wrong because I was installing into the same
destination directory each time when bisecting (that shortcut normally
works but can cause problems with LLVM changes). When I install into a
fresh directory, it works.

There may (or may not) have been some bug in my original larger case,
but I'll have to re-investigate, and in any case I don't think your
commit was a problem.

Regards,
    Jeff Davis