Re: [HACKERS] [Proposal] Allow users to specify multiple tables inVACUUM commands - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bossart, Nathan
Subject Re: [HACKERS] [Proposal] Allow users to specify multiple tables inVACUUM commands
Date
Re: [HACKERS] [Proposal] Allow users to specify multiple tables inVACUUM commands  (Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
Hi again,

Attached is a more complete first attempt at adding this functionality.  I added two node types: one for parsing the
“relationand columns” list in the grammar, and one for holding the relation information we need for each call to
vacuum_rel(…)/analyze_rel(…). I also added assertions and comments for some undocumented assumptions that we currently
relyupon.

Adjustments to the documentation for VACUUM/ANALYZE and new checks in the VACUUM regression test are included in this
patchas well.

Looking forward to any feedback that you have.

Nathan